Becoming a prince or princess for the day is as tempting as ever, no matter your age. Walt Disney World Resort is infusing the Theme Park Capital of the WorldSM with fresh new attractions, magical dining additions and resort makeovers.
Experience the awe and wonder of Pandora – The World of Avatar as you immerse yourself into the enchanting world of the Na’vi. Enjoy a feast for your eyes and your taste buds as you indulge in an over-the-top candy encrusted milkshake at Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney Springs™. And when you’re ready to slip under the covers and get away from it all, do so in style at re-imagined resorts.
World Class Attractions for All Ages
Miss Adventure Falls Climb aboard your own personal treasure raft for a family-friendly whitewater raft excursion on Miss Adventure Falls. Plunge, splash and laugh your way through the falls on this memorable raft adventure, which opened in March 2017 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.
New to Epcot® in 2016 Travel to Norway to meet Anna and Elsa on Frozen Ever After, and then journey around the world on the newly expanded Soarin’ ride. These exciting attractions made their debut in summer 2016.
Pandora – The World of AVATARWitness the imaginative Pandora – The World of AVATAR as it comes to life before your eyes, immersing you in a dreamlike land. Among floating mountains, illuminated rainforests, flying Banshees and river journeys, you’ll feel like a true Na’vi. This highly anticipated world springs to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® May 27, 2017.
Innovative Shows and Experiences
Happily Ever After You’re sure to be enchanted during Happily Ever After, innovative new fireworks show at Magic Kingdom® Park. See how many familiar Disney characters you can spot as Cinderella Castle is transformed into a showcase of your favorite Disney moments. This nighttime spectacle of fireworks, lights, projections and music begins May 12, 2017.
Star Wars Tour at Hollywood StudiosThe force will certainly be with you as you partake in the new Star Wars Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. The seven-hour tour grants you access to two stage shows, character meet-and-greets, themed dining and more.
Rivers of Light The Discovery River is the stage and floating lanterns, water screens and animal imagery are the stars during the new Rivers of Light performance at Animal Kingdom. Music, sound and light come together for a nighttime experience to remember.
New at Walt Disney World Resort in 2016 Exciting additions arrived at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios with the new offering of nighttime Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris and two new Star Wars shows: Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away, and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.
Unique Dining Experiences for Foodies
- The Polite Pig Now open, treat yourself to a taste of Orlando’s thriving culinary scene at The Polite Pig. The sister restaurant to the wildly popular Ravenous Pig in Winter Park features a squeal-worthy menu of wood-fired, smoked and grilled items alongside locally brewed beer from Cask & Larder, wine and cocktails on tap.
- The Edison American eats, 1920s flair and craft cocktails, are all hallmarks of The Edison, coming to Disney Springs in spring 2017. This space is sure to become an after dark go-to for drinks, entertainment, and more.
- Choza Tequila Coming to the Mexican Pavillion in Epcot’s World Showcase in 2017, Choza Tequila will serve handcrafted margaritas and Mexican cuisine.
- Wine Bar George Opening in fall 2017, Wine Bar George will be Florida’s first and only Master-Sommelier-led wine bar. The homey atmosphere will invite you to sit, sip and stay awhile.
- Planet Hollywood Observatory The newly renovated Planet Hollywood Observatory beckons you to indulge your outrageous side as you devour candy milkshake concoctions and a burger and sandwich menu dreamt up by celebrity chef Guy Fieri. While you dine, feast your eyes on the gigantic video wall projecting movie scenes and music videos.
- Paddlefish Sea-foodies will delight in the refreshed menu, stunning rooftop lounge, and swanky steamboat digs at Paddlefish, which opened in early 2017. There’s no better place to take in breathtaking views of Disney Springs while dining on fresh seafood dishes, like the noteworthy lobster roll.
- New at Disney Springs in 2016 Downtown Disney was officially transformed into Disney Springs in 2016. Disney Springs is now home to over 150 unique shops, restaurants and venues. Get a taste of Mexican cuisine from James Beard Award Winning Chef Rick Bayless at Frontera Cocina, or nosh on authentic Florida fare at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. Other dining experiences await you at STK Orlando, where steakhouse meets lounge with a live DJ.
Resorts Fit for Princes and Princesses
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is expanding in 2017 with a new pool area featuring a large sun deck and zero-depth entry pool. A new bar & grill and restaurant are also underway.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is expanding to include new dining options, over 500 new rooms, and outdoor spaces. A new rooftop restaurant and lounge fit for royalty will boast panoramic views of fireworks from nearby Disney parks.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Centertown at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will get a makeover in 2017 with new waterfront restaurants and shopping areas.